Reference : 583522
Estates & Mineral Planner (12 Month FTC)
- Technical Production
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 11/16/2020
- Technical Production
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 11/16/2020
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Estates & Mineral Planner this is a 12 Month FTC based in East Leake, Leicestershire.
This role is working with for British Gypsum the leading manufacturer of plaster and plasterboard systems. The portfolio team within BG’s head office and central functions is at the heart of the business providing best in class products and systems to customers, promoting their ranges internally and externally and understanding the market dynamics to help shape the future of the offer to the construction market.
How will you support us?
You will provide planning and estates services for the operational and disused mines/quarries, as well as acquiring fresh mineral resources and obtain the ownership rights and planning permissions for the extraction and subsequent restoration. Other responsibilities will include assisting with the management of legacy issues arising from old gypsum sites, and with the management the land & mineral estate including land and mineral acquisition and disposal.
To be suitable for the Estates & Mineral Planner role you will:
- Actively participate in creating a culture where everyone takes a responsibility for health, safety and wellbeing and act as a role model to ensure we have a zero harm workplace.
- Undertake site risk assessments and utility searches to assess risk posed by statutory undertaker’s services when managing contractors on restoration / subsidence work.
- Assist with the management of subsidence events – farmers, agents, contractors and members of the public.
- Main point of contact for members of the public relating to environmental impact issues for new proposed sites. Assist with troubleshooting complaints from operational sites. Proactively promote biodiversity & environmental agenda.
- Prepares & coordinates planning applications and Environmental Impact Assessments for new/ additional mineral resources: quarry/mines and deals with day to day contact (monitoring visits) from the planning authority.
- Assist with the acquisition of new mineral reserves (surface & mineral ownership). Manages existing leases (rent reviews/payments).
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must have;
- Can drive a large planning application or land acquisition project to a successful conclusion
- Demonstrates technical competence
- Is at ease presenting complex arguments to directors and regulators
- Planning and estates experience
- To undertake and maintain records of sufficient CPD to meet the requirements of the recognised professional body
- Influencing and relationship building convincing and be able to negotiate with land owners and mineral planning authorities
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of town and county planning with respect to minerals
- Substantial experience in a mineral planning role with estates knowledge
- Desirable / Degree in Geography or similar subject
- Desirable / Masters in Town Planning and Country Planning or related subject an advantage
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
“The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.”
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with British Gypsum this is one of more than 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/