Reference : GBR10708
Supply Chain and Ops Analyst
- United Kingdom , East Midlands , Nottingham
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 03/03/2023
- United Kingdom Nottingham
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 03/03/2023
At Artex, we are looking for a Supply Chain & Operations Analyst to work in our Supply Chain & Distribution team.
Whilst data is your thing, and you love looking at it, we don’t want someone looking at data for the sake of it. We would like someone who can identify trends, with continuous improvement in mind – challenge what we do, how we do it, and why we do it!
Whilst primarily desk based, this role will appeal to someone who is comfortable spending time in the warehouse, with the ability to challenge the status quo at times.
Artex is a leading distributor of some of the UK's must-have construction brands, offering a diverse choice of over 500 trade and DIY products. We’ve been supplying customers of all shapes and sizes for over 80 years, and now tailor our offering to match the needs of merchants, decorator centres and DIY stores across the UK.
The role is based out of our office in Ruddington, Nottingham, with the opportunity to work from home (on a hybrid basis) a couple of days per week.
What we’re looking for:
You will be an expert in data analysis, who can ensure we optimise our Supply Chain and Distribution requirements, whilst ensuring we deliver exceptional customer service, reducing our CO2 impact and delivering our company net-zero targets.
- Evidence of strategic development, building and implementing cost-saving initiatives, delivering excellence through continuous improvement and an approach to customer engagement befitting of our business
- Data analysis experience, ideally in a supply chain and/or distribution environment
- Supply Chain Planning and Scenario planning experience
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel
- SAP knowledge
- Project/team leadership
- Professional qualifications relevant to role (CIPS / APICS / SC & Ops Management / IOSH / NEBOSH) would be an advantage
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the S&OP / Demand Plan process with data requirements through participating in relevant supply/demand reviews.
- Carry out in-depth analysis of the relevant products to drive suggestions for the development of supply plans and tactics, escalating significant issues when required and coordinating responses to chronic supply problems
- Review volumes/customer ordering patterns with the aim to optimise operational efficiencies. You will ensure the frequency and delivery days scheduled are driving the correct cost and in line with our Zero Net Emissions targets whilst managing Customer service level expectations.
- Distribution project lead for Saint-Gobain business collaboration on shared carbon emission objectives to include synergies on delivery profiles, backload opportunities and any other activity that reduces our Net Carbon emissions
- Support with digitally enhancing our business processes for speed and efficiency
- Owner of WMS work stream to support implementation and CI phases post-implementation. Data super user and interrogate to suggest best methods of delivery / streamline processes.
- Identify and implement efficiency/cost reduction potentials using data and evidence to support them.
- Coordinating the daily/weekly/monthly metrics for delivery performance. This will include a comparison back to any Customer published metrics. For significant deviation/repeat occurrences, you will lead the investigation of the root cause and support the validation of any corrective actions against these.
- Supporting purchasing processes for any distribution projects.
- Suggests and leads complex supply and distribution improvement projects and participates in/guides NPI to ensure effective implementation for the business
Are Artex and Saint-Gobain inclusive employers?
Saint-Gobain is the worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction improving daily life through high-performance solutions. From wherever you are, let your unique personality and our values guide you every day to invent a more sustainable world.
We understand that a diverse workplace is a more enjoyable place to be and facilitates better decision-making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing. At Saint-Gobain, we’re always open to new ways of working. Everyone has different needs and commitments. We’ll happily discuss any need you might have for this role: flexible hours, job-sharing, part-time working, or anything else that matters to you. We can’t promise to meet every request when we’re recruiting. But we do promise to listen.
If you match our criteria, we will be in touch to discuss your experience and more about you as a person, we look forward to hearing from you!