Reference : 566207
Technical Sales Manager
- United Kingdom London
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/13/2019
- United Kingdom ILKESTON DERBYSHIR
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/13/2019
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – The key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the 2 Technical Sales Manager (TSM) opportunities.
How will you support us?
The primary purpose of the role is to develop and drive the Sales strategy across the soil & drain cast iron product ranges within a designated region, directly contributing to the business’ overall Sales strategy (as outlined in the Policy Deployment process).
Reporting through the Sales & Specification Team Manager London & SE, the TSM will have a deep and thorough understanding of the strategic objectives for the Sales function (through the Policy Deployment process), and translate this into a clearly defined Regional Sales Strategy. The role will be accountable for the delivery of the strategy on a short-medium term time line.
We have 2 roles available. One role will cover South West London, Surrey, Sussex and Kent and the other role will cover South East London down to Hampshire. You will be based centrally to these areas as extensive travel will be required to London as part of the role
In the role as a Technical Sales Manager you will;
- Have a clear understanding of the strategic Policy Deployment for the cast iron Soil, Drain & Rainwater Sales team, and actively contribute with other TSMs to the development of the National Sales strategy/Policy Deployment.
- Have experience and understand to promote the key benefits of the use of cast iron drainage systems over and above alternative materials construction for projects in global markets to clients, specifier’s contractors and distributors.
- Translate the strategic objectives of the Soil & Drain Sales Function into a Regional Sales strategy to drive sales and revenue for the Soil and Drain products within a designated region, identifying key objectives and KPI measures. Use to manage/drive customer visits and to manage regional performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Involvement and contribution to the development and implementation of strategies for merchant / distributor management within a designated region.
- Influence construction project specifications for cast iron drainage within the region; identify the right specifications in the sales process.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must have;
- Experience of working closely with Public Health Engineers, Contractors and Distributors is key for this role.
- Essential to have experience of working with well-known Contractors.
- Ideally have Specifier experience.
- Experience in selling within the specification & building distributor markets.
- Ideally have Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical system or Drainage technical background
- Excellent stakeholder skills are essential
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain PAM this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/