Reference : GBR03782
Medical Science Liaison (Biologics)
- United Kingdom , South West , Bristol
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/07/2021
- United Kingdom Bristol
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/07/2021
Medical Science Liaison (Biologics) – Saint-Gobain Life Sciences – Remote Working
At Saint-Gobain people matter to us, and we try to show that every day. As part of this, our aim is to create an enterprising and innovative working environment, where you have the opportunity to learn new skills, and develop your career. Did you know we have been awarded top UK & Global Employer 5 Years Running!?
This role is working in the Bioprocess Solutions BU of the Life Sciences Business of the Saint-Gobain group. The Bioprocess Solutions BU is focused on supporting the biopharma industry with industry leading, single-use solutions for fluid management. Leveraging material science expertise and collaborative design services, our global manufacturing sites focus on product quality and validation, allowing us to be the trusted partner for the world’s leading biopharma companies.
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for the introduction and expansion of Bioprocess Solutions product lines within assigned geography. This position will also be responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of project plans and strategies to increase sales and maximize operating profits. They will support existing and new product deployment within the market to provide end users with optimized solutions to enhance their manufacturing process capabilities. This is a remote working opportunity.
The role also involves:
- Being responsible for the introduction of Single-Use life science products/systems/services within assigned region.
- Appling application expertise to enhance and streamline end user manufacturing processes.
- Creating project plans to increase adoption of single-use systems and products within life science market.
- Working closely with Sales and other cross functional teams as required to provide support for key projects/LVO’s in the assigned territories.
- Providing training, on-site demonstrations, and technical support to end users, sales and marketing team, and new employees as required.
- Assisting in the generation of new product ideas, new product development, and commercialization of new products.
- Assisting the global team in deploying “best in practice” solutions.
- Global travel required.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Strong technical selling experience to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of Biopharmaceutical industry and its processes, and the associated products and services
- BS - Biopharmaceutical engineering or equivalent experience in Biopharmaceutical production process
- MS, MBA - Equivalent or advanced degree
- High level of human relations, verbal and written communication skills
- High level of engineering aptitude in the bioprocessing industry (i.e., Pharmaceutical process engineering, OEM bioprocess equipment design/engineering)
- High level of bioprocessing knowledge including different stages of biopharmaceutical manufacturing (including upstream and downstream) processes and understand different trends in the market
- Knowledge of custom fabrication and standard product project management, read/write technical process diagrams
- Knowledge of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL, PowerPoint and CRM tool programs
- Driving license
‘Making the world a better home’ – Saint-Gobain’s purpose, we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenged faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
Flexible packages designed for you!
We know employees value different things more than others. As well as a great range of standard benefits we understand circumstances in life also change so flexibility through these changes is important. We give employees the ability to change and alter their package to match their needs. This flexibility is self-administered through our on-line employee hub called bubble! (Winner! UK & Ireland ‘Best Flexible Benefits Plan’ award at the Employee Benefits Awards 2020)
An evolving world!
Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland is home to some of the best known and respected companies in the construction sector including Jewson, British Gypsum, Isover, Graham The Plumbers Merchant and Artex. We manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we embrace diversity and are on a mission to make our organisation inclusive and accessible to all, we believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
We want to be a business that you’ll be proud to work for; one that is committed to improving people’s daily life, being responsible, doing the right thing, and to preserving the environment by embedding sustainability in all our businesses.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Apply Now to complete our quick application process and be a part of our future!