Reference : 573683
Key Account Manager (Industrial Distribution)
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/14/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/14/2019
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? The key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Key Account Manager role based in Midlands.
This role is working with Saint-Gobain Abrasives, the world’s leading manufacturer of abrasives, offers powerful, precise and user friendly solutions enabling customers to shape and surface-finish all types of materials even in the most complex and challenging applications across a diverse range of market
How you will utilise your expertise?
This role is working with Saint Gobain Abrasives, you will be predominately based from home with required travel and staying away upto 5 to 6 times a month. You will be responsible for delivery of sustainable profitable growth and build sustainable long term trading relationships within agreed varied national accounts, building key partners with the main UK Construction companies and deliver the Company’s strategy in line with ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 requirements.
In the role as a Key Account Manager you will;
• Deliver the annual budget and other KPIs (including revenue, customer service levels).
• Increase customer knowledge / awareness of SGA solutions through visits to distributors, merchants, contractors and other key decision makers. Deliver training, presentations and support marketing initiatives.
• Be confident and competent in specifying product and on site demonstration.
• Observe the terms for customer deals (e.g. rebates, marketing support, discounts), referring any variation to the National Sales Manager/Sales Director.
• Communicate all knowledge gained clearly about customers and competitors through the CRM system (Plexus), and manage opportunities through the Sales Pipeline.
• Promote Customer service excellence using the Category Management Approach.
• Complete and fully manage agreed national account customers from day to day issues and opportunities to medium and long term business planning.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must;
• Proven commercial sales experience, ideally within a National / Regional Account Level.
• Industrial Distribution background is a key factor for being successful in this role.
• Able to build constructive working relationships.
• Effective influencing and communication skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Networking Skills – Experience of Building Relationships at all Levels.
• Full driving license with the flexibility to stay overnight on a regular basis.
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
• Competitive salary and bonus upto 20%
• Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
• Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
• Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
• 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 34 days at five years’ service
• Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
• Share Scheme
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: Saint Gobain Abrasives, British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain Abrasives, this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/