Reference : 573103
Area Sales Manager Automotive Aftermarket (AAM) - West Region
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/21/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/21/2019
Who are we ?
Are you Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial?
These key attitudes are the way we like to work at Saint-Gobain.
If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Area Sales Manager role based in the West of the country from Cumbria all the way down to Herefordshire. We are looking for someone to be based ideally in the centre of this territory as extensive travel is required for the role
. We will provide you with a company car and expect you to plan and manage your own time in an effective way.
How you will utilise your expertise?
This role is working with Saint Gobain Abrasives; you will be based from home and travel to meet with customers on a daily basis. There may be a requirement to stay away from home overnight up to 3 or 4 times a month.
You will be responsible for driving sales of abrasives from our Automotive Aftermarket product range. You will manage existing accounts, prospect and secure new business with distributors as well as visiting body shops and refinishers to present our products.
In the role as an Area Sales Manager you will;
- Work with the National Sales Manager in managing your given territory covering the West region
- Work on the retention and growth of your existing customer base
- Proactively seek out new customers and profitable business opportunities
- Provide new product support and service solutions to your customers
- Work closely with our Customer services team, creating a high level of customer intimacy throughout the sales process
- Keep the customer needs at the centre of everything you do
- Develop relationships at all levels.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must;
- Have solid previous experience in a sales role with proven track record
- Be highly tenacious in approach, determined, goal-orientated and hungry to succeed
- Have excellent influencing, persuading and negotiating skills,
- Have a good understanding of the sales process and the ability to handle objection to secure a sale and/or to safeguard stability of a customer relationship
- Have strong planning and organising skills and have an eye for detail
- Be extremely customer focused and a strong communicator both with customers and colleagues
- Have a valid driving licence and be flexible to stop away overnight on occasions
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary and bonus upto 20%
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 34 days at ten years’ service
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: Saint Gobain Abrasives, British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain Abrasives, this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/