Reference : 585121
Customer Account Specialist (Distribution Industry)
- United Kingdom , London , Middlesex
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/31/2018
- United Kingdom Middlesex
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/31/2018
Who are we ?
At Minster we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy working with people, you’re a good listener, great selling skills and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this Customer Account Specialist could be a great opportunity for you.
The Customer Account Specialist role is working in our award-winning Minster branch in Hayes, London. Minster is part of the Saint-Gobain group and made up of 24 dedicated branch and distribution facilities; providing specialist insulation, dry lining, ceiling and roofing solutions.
Minster are a part of Saint Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five years running! (2016-2020)
What will I be doing in this role?
As a Customer Account Specialist, you will be expected to build strong relationships with the key accounts and your ledger. You will also need to be accountable for these accounts to develop profitable existing sales and deliver excellence customer service at all times.
- Making the most of all customer interactions and building strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, whilst responding to their feedback accordingly
- Contributing to maximising profitability through successfully building strong working relationships with our valued customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Work proactively across our sales/customer focused environment
- Offer solutions to customers to extend the product mix and enhance margin/sales opportunities
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve own product and industry knowledge.
- Develop market growth in chosen customer and product segments by driving proactive sales.
- Ensure that the region is the best provider of customer service locally and nationally as defined by the Customer
- Always looking for new ways of working to improve efficiency
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. As part of the Saint-Gobain group, we’re committed to empowering and developing talented individuals wherever possible. As such, we’d welcome applications from other Saint-Gobain businesses and different industries, wherever candidates can demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Essential - knowledge in insulation, dry lining, ceiling and roofing solutions.
- Proven experience in a proactive sales/customer focused environment with responsibility for managing a ledger.
- Accuracy is key. We try to have a “right first time” attitude. It is this attitude that is behind our great customer service reputation.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and generally computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, approachable with a confidence in your telephony skills.
- Multitasking, timekeeping and attendance a given.
- A technical or similar Industry mind set would be helpful in the role.
Please note It would be preferable to the manager to identify a candidate with industry knowledge and experience, but so long as the other core criteria above is met, this is something that the right person can learn. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Genuine career progression opportunities with Saint Gobain's 32+ brands.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days’ holiday to be bought or sold).
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Minster this is one of more than 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/