Reference : 566108
Business Development Manager
- United Kingdom East Midlands
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/08/2019
- United Kingdom Ely
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/08/2019
Business Development Manager - International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) – Ely, Cambridgeshire
IDS are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running (2016-2019)
Looking to join a brand that is passionate about its employees, where virtually no day is the same? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
Here at IDS Ely, we are looking for a Business Development Manager who is hungry for a new challenge in a fast paced and rewarding industry. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be passionate about effectively managing the best solutions for their customers in order to maximise the sales potential in their territory.
As a Business Development Manager with IDS, you will:
- Identify new business opportunities, including new customers, routes to market, growth areas and products.
- Generate leads and develop prospective customers; and reactivate dormant accounts.
- Overcome gatekeepers to seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation and tailor your service to meet their individual needs.
- Listen so that you can understand these needs and respond effectively.
- Work strategically, carrying out the necessary research and planning in order to get the most from your time.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Company’s products and apply this knowledge to help customers develop their businesses.
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and liaise with suppliers; all the while ensuring budgeted margins are achieved which conform to the Company’s sales policies.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues in other departments in order that they support you in achieving the best for your customers.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and events where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes within our sector and adapt accordingly.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to the Regional Sales Manager and senior management.
For the Business Development Manager role, you will need:
- A full UK Driving licence (essential, as the role will require regular travel).
- Sales experience (preferable) with the ability to make an immediate impact.
- Industry experience (desirable); however, the right attitude and personality are our priorities.
- Absolute integrity; in order to build trust and confidence within your customers and colleagues; and importantly, ensure we adhere to our policies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels (MD to shop floor).
- Strong negotiation skills, enabling you to agree solutions that work for the Company and our customers.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A hardworking and hungry attitude – you must be motivated to sell.
- A resilient character; you must be able to overcome setbacks and continue with enthusiasm.
- A professional approach; you must represent the Company in a positive manner.
- Strong analytical and IT skills.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A company car, mobile and laptop.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with IDS, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/