Reference : GBR03575

Business Development Executive

  • Sales
  • United Kingdom Slough
  • Permanent / Regular (US)
  • Posting date : 10/14/2021

Position description

As a Business Development Executive, you’ll be the face (and voice) of the business. You’ll quite literally go the extra mile to proactively identify and secure new business opportunities, networking with existing and prospective customers out in the field to show them just what Gibbs & Dandy can offer. You’ll also stay ahead of the curve on market trends and competitor activity, using this information alongside customer spend patterns to grow sales and drive targets for your team - all whilst providing the fantastic service our customers know and love.

As a Business Development Executive you’ll spend about 80% of your time out in the field visiting customers to understand and support their needs. The remaining 20% will be spent in the branch proactively finding new business and following up on enquiries.

Working for Gibbs & Dandy, no two days are the same. You will have the opportunity to support and advise customers on our extensive building products and service range - no matter how big or small their project is! You will take pride in being an important part of the Gibbs & Dandy mission to be ‘The Most Trusted Merchant in Town’

We’ve been in the industry for over 175 years so we can proudly say we know a thing or two about providing our customers with the tools and materials they need to complete their building projects. The Gibbs & Dandy team are a family, we value, respect and occasionally have the odd joke at the expense of each other – but what family doesn’t? All this makes us who we are – a close knit team on a mission. But we couldn’t give our customers a service they can trust without our people, and this is where you step in.

You’ll join Gibbs & Dandy Slough. This branch is well-established and busy, with a friendly team of 13 who work hard to offer a great service and excellent product knowledge.

So, what are we looking for?

  • Experience of working in an inbound sales role, with a curious and proactive approach
  • Motivation to secure and increase sales orders
  • A genuine enthusiasm for dealing with customers, and a ‘customer 1st’ attitude
  • The ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
  • A positive team player
  • The ability to organise and manage workload well

 

What will we offer you?

 

As part of Saint-Gobain Group, here at Gibbs & Dandy we offer:

 

  • A competitive salary
  • A discretionary bonus scheme
  • Opportunities for career progression and development
  • 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days
  • A defined contribution pension scheme
  • Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents
  • Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
  • Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal


Sound like the job for you? Apply today to join us on our journey to be the most trusted merchant in town!

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

Are Gibbs & Dandy and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?

We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!

We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.

And what about flexibility?

The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.

Top Employer 2021

Similar Openings