Reference : GBR03062
Branch Sales Assistant
- United Kingdom , County Durham , Durham
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/27/2021
- United Kingdom Durham
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/27/2021
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Branch Sales Assistant.
You’ll be working for Jewson Civils Fraser in Durham. Jewson Civils Frazer is one of more than 30+ exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and the leading provider of specialist civils, infrastructure and utilities products and solutions.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! A great Branch Sales Assistant at Jewson Civils Frazer will put the customer first, focusing on finding solutions for them and building trust. Truly acting as an entrepreneur you will be proactive, taking time to understand your customers. You’ll also show resilience when things don’t go according to plan; being open to new ideas and happy to learn.
There are some specific skills and experience we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- An understanding of the market and products would be desirable but full training can be given
- Able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service, with experience of dealing with difficult situations
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Branch Sales Assistants are an important contributor to the performance of the branch and ensures our customers have a positive experience with us. A successful Branch Sales Assistant will always be proactive in their approach to customers, maximising interactions to help achieve sales targets through excellent customer service, product knowledge and appropriate use of cross and up-selling. To support our customers effectively you will;
- Realise the full potential of all customer interactions and build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
- Carry out all cash transactions, refund and till processes accurately
- Understand and deliver key KPIs for your branch
Are Jewson Civils Frazer and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Learning & Development opportunities via our online portal from day one
- Wellbeing programme
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days at five years’ service.
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands such as Jewson, British Gypsum, Gibbs & Dandy, Graham, Adfors, Artex, Bassetts, Benchmark, Blackpool Power Tools, Build Aviator, Caldors & Grandidge, Celotex, Chadwicks, CTD, Ecophon, Formula, Frazer, George Boyd, Glassolutions, Ideal Bathrooms, International Decorative Surfaces, International Timber, Isover, JP Corry, LECA, Minster, Norton, PAM, Pasquill, Pritex, Rencol, Roofspace, Scotframe, Vetrotech
- Share Purchasing options
- Plus plenty plenty more…..
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more. So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/