Reference : GBR03601
Branch Sales Manager (Jewson Civils)
- United Kingdom , Sandwell District , Walsall
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
- United Kingdom Walsall
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/15/2021
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re a passionate and empowering leader, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Branch Sales Manager in Jewson Civils Frazer – Wednesbury.
Jewson Civils Frazer is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK. Through the very nature of our business, we supply materials for major infrastructure, housing, utilities and industrial/commercial development projects, ranging from pipe fittings and drainage to hard landscaping and street furniture. But we are so much more than just a materials distributor.
Our true value rests in our people, our knowledge and our capacity to see the bigger picture as well as our ability to understand the challenges the industry faces and to respond innovatively to these.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! As a great Branch Sales Manager at Jewson Civils you will be proactive in your approach to support your customers and your team, taking time to understand others and embracing differences, promoting a diverse and inclusive branch for colleagues and customers. It is also important that you have strong communication skills and commercial awareness, whilst being able to empower your team to provide a great service to your customers.
There are some specific experience, skills and knowledge that we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- Proven experience in leading internal sales teams, customer facing business and a proactive sales/customer focused environment delivering results.
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels, working both within a team locally and nationally.
- A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with customers and suppliers
- Strong leadership and people management skills – the ability to engage colleagues to help achieve the branch goals whilst ensuring all health and safety standards are upheld
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – as the role is a self-management position
- A clean driving license, as you will need to visit customers.
The Branch Sales Manager position is central to the performance of the whole branch network. It demands someone who can manage and lead a team of engaged colleagues to continually improve the customer experience and branch performance.
- Achieve and proactively drive sales growth, sales & margin targets, customer base growth and customer spend targets through your team.
- Build close and trusted working relationships with operational colleagues and suppliers to ensure excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction are delivered to customers
- Work to inspire, support and develop your sales team.
- Work with the Area Sales Manager and Business Manager to define and implement sales plans for the branch.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve product and industry knowledge
- Develop market growth in chosen customer and product segments by driving proactive sales
- Ensure that the branch is the best provider of customer service locally and nationally as defined by the Customer
- Support all Company Customer Service initiatives
- Not only be available for managing the day-to-day sales processes but we will work together to full proof our business, adding to our network and looking at “new” ways of being the best in our sector through digital, software and IOT platforms.
- Ensure compliance with SGBD Business Control procedures
- Play a key part in how we recruit for future vacancies. More diverse, inclusive and our reach when attracting talent should reach much further into every community
Are Jewson Civils Frazer and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.