Reference : GBR10198
Customer Service Advisor
- United Kingdom , South East , Redhill
- Permanent / Regular
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Advisor to join our team in Jewson Redhill (RH1 1HG)!
This is an essential role within the branch network, you will build relationships with customers, in branch at the trade counter and over the phone, to understand their wider needs in order to maximise sales growth within our branch. You will be in regular contact with our customers and therefore you play a huge part in delivering a fantastic customer experience!
We’re a busy and well-established branch and we pride ourselves on doing everything we can to understand our customers’ needs in order to deliver solutions to save them time, money and hassle. So if you have a passion for delivering great customer service, always look to put the customer first; can build trust and are able to proactively seek out solutions that are right for our customers, then you are likely to be a great fit!
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that really understand our values and ways of working. Experience within our industry is not essential, we are committed to providing you with the full tools and support required to carry out your role within Jewson. Some experience we are looking for:
- Previous experience within a builders’ merchant would be beneficial, but absolutely not essential
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- A good degree of IT literacy
- Great communication skills
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 7:30am-17:00pm and every other Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
What will I be doing?
As this role has a strong focus on customer service, we are looking for someone who loves to build relationships with customers both face to face and over the phone. Our colleagues are critical to our customers’ success and you will be working with a team that proactively supports them in every way possible.
In order to support our customers and deliver a great service you will;
- Get to know our products and services in order to make the most of all customer interactions
- Develop great relationships with new and existing customers, both face to face and over the phone
- Understand customer needs and provide proactive advice and solutions
- Use our in-house systems to process customer orders, organise delivery times, and keep customers updated throughout their journey
- Keep the branch looking clean and tidy, to make a great first impression on our customers
- Maintain stock levels, carrying out regular stock counts
What will we offer you?
Jewson is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and our colleagues are critical to our customers’ success, we are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 7 consecutive years. We are pleased to offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A discretionary bonus scheme
- Opportunities for career progression and development
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents
- Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
If this sounds like the move for you, we would love to hear from you! Please apply today with an up-to-date CV and we will be in touch!