Reference : GBR10358
Timber Development Manager
- United Kingdom , East Midlands , Leicester
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/16/2023
- United Kingdom Leicester
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/16/2023
Business Development Manager (Timber) - Jewson Builders Merchants Derby, Long Eaton, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Newark, Grantham, Spalding & Holbeach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join as a Business Development Manager with Jewson. The focus is to deliver profitable sales and margin growth for timber, panel and related products to both new and existing customers. The successful candidate will ensure that Jewson is the market leader locally for timber and related products offered within the Business Unit, leading market share growth in line with our purpose and values. The role will also help develop timber knowledge amongst colleagues across the Business Unit so that Jewson is seen as the destination of choice for timber by both existing and new customers.
What will I be doing in the role?
As a Business Development Manager with Jewson you will be involved in the following: Profitable sales and margin growth of timber, sheet and related products.
- To identify, maximise and develop existing, new, lapsed or dormant business via opportunities such as lead sourcing, lead follow ups and customer interaction.
- Build effective relationships with all branch and sales colleagues across the Business Unit.
- To drive the full offer, expertise and services of the Timber Specialist Branch.
- Act as the ‘first point of contact’ in relation to large timber enquiries, from both internal and external customers.
- Manage the supply and demand of timber taking in to account upcoming opportunities and market factors, including stock levels, transferring stock across sites for sale purposes, and building relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop trusting relationships both internally and externally in order to deliver ‘customer first’ solutions every time.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of target customer needs and requirements and expand relationships by continuously proposing solutions that meet our purpose and values.
- Work with category, supply chain and other support functions to ensure that all sizeable opportunities are leveraged.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
To be suitable for the Business Development Manager with Jewson you need to have:
- Proven sales experience of working in customer facing roles, with an ability to build strong relationships.
- Timber and Merchant experience are essential for this role
- Proven track record of sales and margin growth.
- Proven expertise in timber and related products.
- A good understanding of digital sales tools and systems.
- Experience of developing and executing plans and working cross-functionally.
- Proven financial and commercial awareness.
- Problem solving ability with a “Customer First” and “Pro-active” ethos.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Work in a team and plan own time
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an inclusive employer?
Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland is home to some of the best known and respected companies in the construction sector including Jewson, British Gypsum, Isover, Weber and Pasquill. We manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all.
We are an equal opportunities employer, we embrace diversity and are on a mission to make our organisation inclusive and accessible to all, we believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
We want to be a business that you’ll be proud to work for; one that is committed to improving people’s daily life, being responsible, doing the right thing, and to preserving the environment by embedding sustainability in all our businesses.
Apply Now to complete our quick application process and be a part of our future!