Reference : GBR07646
Business Development Manager
- United Kingdom , Yorkshire and the Humber , Leeds
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 06/20/2022
- United Kingdom Leeds
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 06/20/2022
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this Business Development Manager with a focus on Bricks covering Leeds, could be a great permanent opportunity for you.
The Business Development Manager position is an exciting and key role that is central to the growth plans of the Business Unit. You will work in partnership across the Business Unit to deliver profitable growth and raise the profile of our brick offering.
You will ensure that all customers have a great experience working with Jewson and you will be central in developing greater brick knowledge across the Jewson network.
Key day to day duties include:
- Build strong internal relationships with branch and sales colleagues to identify and develop new, lapsed or dormant business opportunities
- Act as a key point of contact both internally and externally for any brick-related queries and manage the supply and demand of bricks in view of ongoing and forthcoming opportunities
- Identify locations and implement ‘Brick Centres’ within the Business Unit to support stocking a higher brick profile
- Identify colleagues across the Business Unit to act as ‘Brick Champion’s ensuring they have all the demonstrable brick knowledge and expertise
- Create and build a pipeline of prospective business and manage site and brick registration processes as relevant to the nature of the build opportunity
- Develop trusting relationships both internally and externally in order to deliver ‘customer first’ solutions every time
- Maximising all customer interactions by upselling and cross selling relevant products
- Realising full potential of all customer interactions and build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
- Knowledge of bricks would be a definite advantage- but experience within building material sales will be also be considered
- Experience of working in an inbound sale business development role, with a curious and proactive approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers and suppliers
- Motivation to secure and increase sales orders through existing and new business
- The ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
- Able to organise and manage workload well
- Tenacious and driven with the ability to work towards achieving sales targets whilst maintaining the Jewson ‘customer first’ philosophy
- A proven track record in acquiring and servicing external sales and business opportunities, often managing multiple projects at once
- Strong commercial and financial understanding coupled with a professional and intelligent approach to capitalise on potential profitable business
- A full driving licence as the role comes with a car and will require you to travel around the Business Unit
Who are we ?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Genuine career progression opportunities with Saint Gobain's 32+ brands.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days’ holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Jewson employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
Working for Jewson and Saint-Gobain
‘Making the world a better home’ – Saint-Gobain’s purpose; we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenges faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
At Saint-Gobain people matter to us, and we try to show that every day. As part of this, our aim is to create an enterprising and innovative working environment, where you have the opportunity to learn new skills, and develop your career.
Did you know we have been awarded top UK & Global Employer 6 Years Running!?
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you!
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.