Reference : 583518
- United Kingdom , Invernesshire , Highland
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/06/2020
- United Kingdom Highland
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/06/2020
Who are we ?
Jewson are part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' (2016 - 2020)
Having the right tools for the job is essential and for Jewson, that's our people… we’re currently seeking a Sales Manager in our Jewson Inverness Business Unit.
As a Jewson Sales Manager you will manage the sales resource across a multi-million-pound Business Unit, leading and coaching the sales team.
A typical Jewson Business Unit has around 80–120 colleagues, including sales and operational teams, supporting circa 2000 live customer accounts from multiple branch locations. It's preferable that you can bring experience gained in a comparable environment, where you have been required to drive sales change and to challenge the performance of sales functions with the purpose of increasing capability.
As a Sales Manager, you will be focused to deliver and include the following:
- A differentiated customer value proposition with sales growth.
- Building strong relationships with all key customers.
- Coach your team on pricing best practices within the market and on driving sales growth.
- Continually developing and improving sales capability.
- Critically, working with the Business Unit Director you will support delivery of the national sales strategy whilst taking ownership for the development and success of the local sales plan.
To be successful in this role as Sales Manager, it’s expected that you will have similar experience in:
- Leading, coaching and motivating a remote or multi-site sales team.
- A deep understanding of your customer and the local market.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to develop and execute effective sales plans and campaigns.
- Effective utilisation of digital tools.
- Ability to engage and influence your team and others at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with your team to ensure customer relationships are managed across the business unit.
Working for Jewson
Our purpose at Jewson is to give Builders and Tradespeople everything they need to make more profit with less hassle. We work hard to ensure that we always put our customers-first; we make them feel welcome so they enjoy dealing with us; we are proactive to ensure we can always provide a solution and finally, we deliver what we promise so our customers know they can trust us.
Not only do Jewson care about our customers, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to keeping them safe and healthy, making sure they feel valued and providing them with the personal development and career opportunities they need.
The Sales Manager role comes with a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- A company car
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold)
- As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits
Be part of something big!
Jewson is a Saint-Gobain brand, making us part of one of the largest construction organisations in the world.
Our purpose at Saint-Gobain is to Make the world a better home. Our purpose sets the course for our common future. Together with and for our customers, we design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions that have a positive impact on everyone's life and provide well-being, quality of life and performance, while caring for the planet.
If this sounds like an organisation that you want to be part of, then please apply today!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/