Reference : 582202
Customer Service Manager
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/16/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/16/2020
Who are we ?
This Customer Service Manager (Sales) role is working in our Jewson Fulham branch in London SW6. Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 braches.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Customer Service Manager position is central to the performance of the branch. You will be influential in enhancing sales with existing customers whilst at the same time striving to identify and develop new business with new customers.
Key day to day duties include:
• Enhance sales and eliver an excellent customer experience, working towards key Branch profit and sales targets.
• Generate customer interest; receive customers in branch, answer telephone enquiries and visit customer sites to cultivate interest in the product range.
• Develop new and lapsed customer accounts, building strong effective relationships for the business.
• Ensure all customer orders are fulfilled in a timely fashion, supporting with stocktake activities to assist where necessary.
• Understand local market issues and manage customer feedback to continuously improve customers’ experience with Jewson.
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
• A confident sales driven professional, ideally with knowledge of developing sales both over the telephone and face to face in a busy Builders Merchants or a similar environment.
• A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets and goals.
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office software with impeccable organisation skills.
• Able to provide a strong customer service experience and act as an ambassador for the brand.
• Have a 100% dedication to going the extra mile and delivering superior customer service.
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
• Competitive salary, bonus scheme
• Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
• 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
• Genuine career progression opportunities with Saint Gobain's 32+ brands.
• Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days’ holiday to be bought or sold).
• As a Jewson employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
• Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
• Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
• Share Scheme
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Jewson this is one of more than 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/