Reference : 579982
Customer Sales Advisor
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/12/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/12/2020
Who are we ?
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this Customer Sales Advisor could be a great opportunity for you.
This Customer Sales Advisor role is working in our Jewson Branch in Spalding, Lincolnshire. Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 branches.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Customer Sales Advisor role is one the most important roles within the branch network. Based within the store, you will be the ‘face’ of the branch and will maximise profitability through building successful working relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers delivering excellent customer service.
Key day to day duties include:
- Serving customers both face to face and over the phone – providing outstanding levels of customer service ensuring all customer orders are fulfilled in a timely fashion
- Carry out all cash transactions and till processes accurately and safeguard companies stock, money and all other company assets.
- Maximising customer interactions to support achievement of sales and profit targets through upselling and cross-selling relevant products offering specific product advice
- Realising full potential of all customer interactions and build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
- Complete stock-take activities and maintaining appropriate housekeeping procedures to maintain a clean, safe and tidy working environment
- Maintain appropriate Housekeeping procedures to maintain a clean, safe and tidy working environment
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
- Accuracy is key. We try to have a “right first time” attitude. It is this attitude that is behind our great customer service reputation.
- A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers and suppliers
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and generally computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, approachable with a confidence in your telephony skills.
- Multitasking, timekeeping and attendance a given.
- Flexibility in being multi trained on branch roles to enhance development
Please note It would be preferable to the manager to identify a candidate with industry knowledge and experience, but so long as the other core criteria above is met, this is something that the right person can learn. We encourage applications from all background’s if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Genuine career progression opportunities with Saint Gobain's 32+ brands.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days’ holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Jewson employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Jewson this is one of more than 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/