Reference : 564080
Major Account Manager
- United Kingdom South East
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/10/2019
- United Kingdom Coventry
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/10/2019
Major Account Manager (Sales) – Jewson Builders Merchants - South East Region covering Kent, Sussex and Surrey
We are looking for a Major Account Manager to join the Jewson Sales team. This role will be covering the South East region, and will report directly to the Business Development Manager.
In Jewson we aim to ensure that we deliver a great service to our colleagues, so they can focus on delivering a great service to our customers. This role is pivotal to the achievement of this as you will be required to work in partnership with the business to support the delivery of a customer and profitable growth strategy through improving effectiveness across major account customers, whilst identifying continued sales opportunities.
What will I be doing in the role?
This role will cover the South East region and potential candidates will ideally be based within this area, however applicants based across the UK will also be considered. A car is provided with the role therefore a full driving licence is required.
For the Major Account Manager:
- You will be the primary contact for designated customer accounts across the business, ensuring they receive excellent service at all times, whilst continuously expanding on our customer offer.
- You will provide improved business solutions that drive delivery of continuous improvement from the business to the customer across designated accounts, through collaboratively working to deliver business tools and processes to support enhanced sales performance.
- You will work collaboratively across the business to support the delivery of the sales strategy, through delivering an exceptional customer experience to improve our market position.
- You will work collaboratively across the business to identify behaviours and capabilities required to ensure we deliver on our customer promise, through working with others who have the right attitude to support the overall offer.
- You will understand customer's needs, ensuring we become the first point of call for all of customer needs, to ensure long-term customer growth and excellent working relationships.
- You will be able to adapt and resolves any issues that may arise in terms of meeting customer needs, through working collaboratively with all internal customers, to resolve any arising issues, and implement new processes to continually develop the internal value and efficiency proposition.
- You will support, challenge and drive our objective of delivering of long term sustainability of practices and processes.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
- The ideal candidates will be of graduate calibre or hold business related qualifications.
- You will understand the importance of our customers and will want to improve the businesses results through getting our service offer right first time.
- Along with solid commercial experience, you must be open minded with strong problem solving skills.
- You will be happy to constructively challenge when necessary, in order to provide balanced solutions to accommodate a fast moving market.
- You will also be a strong communicator at all levels, with excellent negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Have relevant product knowledge preferred, ideally gained within a similar industry (Desirable)
- You will be PC literate with experience of CRM systems being an advantage.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves and the service our company can offer.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- A company car.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/