Reference : 555294
Customer Service Supervisor - Distribution
- United Kingdom East Midlands
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/08/2018
- United Kingdom Altrincham
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/08/2018
Customer Service Supervisor (Distribution) – Jewson Builders Merchants - Altrincham
In everything we do, we aim to provide a personalised, knowledgeable and trustworthy service – efficiently helping both trades’ people and the general public in achieving their goals. For you, that means a fantastic work ethic, a happy environment and a great team around you.
Join the Jewson team and you’ll build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area, whilst ensuring our customer service is excellent at all times.
So are you up for handling the ultimate, frontline responsibility for a business and its goals? Could you help sustain a class reputation?
Do you have sales experience and team-leading skills? Then apply today!
What will I be doing in the role?
You will be responsible for the effective management of the yard and ensure that our customers receive a fast, friendly and effective service that they expect from Jewson. You will manage a team of yard staff as well as being the central point for customer queries.
This role will be servicing customers outside of the branch in the yard. You will use your dedication and enthusiasm for customer service to help maintain the branch and yards high standards and efficiency. You’ll also need to operate a forklift truck to ensure our delivery drivers get in and out in double quick time. A licence would be of an advantage however this is not essential as we can organise training.
For the Yard Supervisor you will;
- You will manage / support a team of yard staff ensuring that we deliver outstanding customer service. You will also be a central point of contact for customer queries.
You will enjoy achieving branch targets.
You will keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations.
- Your duties will include dealing with customers on a day to day basis in the yard building long term relationships.
- Health & Safety audits for the yard are completed and passed to the Branch Manager for weekly verification.
- You will ensure all sales orders are promptly processed to meet customer needs. Ensuring minimum stock shrinkage and accurate daily stock counts
- You will maintain stock levels and ensure that all goods are correctly priced via label checks
- You will ensure that all stock in shop and yard areas are maintained to a high standard of health and safety and neatness
- You will ensure lorry loads are planned to ensure maximum weights are not exceeded
You’ll also need to operate a forklift truck to ensure our delivery drivers get in and out in double quick time. A licence would be of an advantage however this is not essential as we can organise training.
Am I who you are looking for?
Experience within the trade would be an advantage, although we’ll offer full product training. So whether you come from a DIY, Plumbing, Timber or Insulation merchant or from outside of the industry, we know you’ll have a lot to offer and we’ll have a lot to offer you.
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Customer Service Supervisor it is important that you;
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services looks like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really important to us.
- Relevant product knowledge preferred, ideally gained within a similar industry
- Proven supervisory skills are essential
- A licence would be of an advantage however this is not essential as we can organise training.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team is essential
- Organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Positive outlook with a warm and friendly nature
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves, others and the service our company can offer.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Our recruitment website is updated daily; please visit www.sgbdcareers.co.uk to see more vacancies.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.