Reference : GBR08165
Technical Sales Advisor
- United Kingdom , Scotland , Inverurie
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 05/25/2022
- United Kingdom Inverurie
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 05/25/2022
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you are well organised, you put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Technical Sales Advisor.
You’ll be working for Scotframe in Inverurie. Scotframe is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and a leading supplier of award winning timber frame kits for self-build and commercial home developers across the UK and internationally.
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Technical Sales Advisor is one of our most important roles in the business. A great Technical Sales Advisor will help keep our business running smoothly, providing support to the BDM in all aspects of managing and converting profitable sales opportunities within the geographical target area designated, to meet the sales objectives for the area as set out in the overall sales plan.
To support the business you will;
- Support the achievement or better sales targets / objectives as set out in the overall sales plan including invoiced sales, margins and forecasting
- To be able to take a brief from a BDM or client from initial inception through to a rational design for approval & costing purposes. This can vary from amended designs to full bespoke designs.
- Retention of existing customers and development of new customer base
- Support and participate in “Customer Experience” Initiatives
- Identify proactively development needs for self and participate in development training provided
- Team working and support and implementation of best working practices
- Work closely with other functions (Estimating, Design, Procurement and Operations) to ensure a seamless service to our customers
- Attend self-build and trade shows to represent the company
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! A great Technical Sales Advisor at Scotframe is organised in their approach, showing good attention to detail so their work is accurate and reliable. As a methodical and approachable person, you will be able to work well on your own and take full ownership and responsibility for the work you do.
There is some specific [experience/skills/knowledge] we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- Building industry knowledge, specifically residential construction
- Strong focus on customer experience – taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Strong literacy, numeracy and communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative to spot opportunities for improvement
- Able to manage workload and work to tight deadlines
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
- IT literate in systems relevant to role i.e. CRM, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Good business and commercial awareness – preferably gained from similar industry
- Able to translate technical language into simple terms
- Working knowledge of the planning and building warrant processes and associated regulations
- Understanding of the building fabric/renewable technologies required to achieve compliance
- Experience of a Sales & Estimating department
- Technically Literate
- Producing planning standard drawings for purposes of submissions.
- Timber frame experience
Are Scotframe and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.