Reference : 575875
Area Sales Manager - North East
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/24/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 01/24/2020
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? The key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Area Sales Manager role covering the North East.
Saint-Gobain Insulation UK (SGIUK) has been formed by bringing together the Celotex and Isover businesses as one organisation with two market leading brands. This allows us to bring additional value to our customer, with an unrivalled full range of product and service offerings. Our thermal and acoustic product portfolio includes glass mineral wool, stone wool and PIR insulation, supporting all market segments with a range of insulation solutions.
How you will utilise your expertise?
This role is working with Saint Gobain Insulation based at home, you will be predominately based in the field and will be required to travel around your patch at least 3 times a week. You will be responsible for driving sales of products and services, managing existing accounts, prospect and secure new accounts and build and share an excellent knowledge of the accessible market.
In the role as an Area Sales Manager you will;
• Have sole responsibility for managing your given territory covering the North West.
• Ensure full coverage of geographical area through effective time management.
• Increase customer knowledge / awareness of SGI solutions through visits to distributors, merchants, contractors and other key decision makers;
• Proactively seek out new customers and business development opportunities as a priority
• Work closely with the specification, national accounts, customer service and marketing teams to ensure customers receive a high level of customer service.
• Responsibility for the commercial sales management of project activity within the region.
• Maintain regular contact and develop close working relationships with key personnel of existing and potential customer base.
• Support the National Account strategies to manage customer requirements.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must;
• Have solid previous experience in a similar role with proven track record
• Be highly tenacious in approach, determined, goal-orientated and hungry to succeed
• Have excellent influencing, persuading and negotiating skills,
• Have a good understanding of the sales process and the ability to handle objection to secure a sale and/or to safeguard stability of a customer relationship
• Have strong planning and organising skills and have an eye for detail
• Be extremely customer focused and a strong communicator both to customers and internal colleagues
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
• Competitive Salary and Bonus up to 15%
• Company Car
• Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
• Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
• Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
• 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 34 days at five years’ service
• Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
• Share Scheme
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: Saint Gobain Insulation, Celotex, Isover, Saint Gobain Abrasives, British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain Insulation, this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/