Reference : 571084
Merchant Sales Manager
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/27/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/27/2019
Who are we ?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to join our passionate and knowledgeable Sales team as the Merchant Sales Manager for the West Midlands.
The all-encompassing responsibility for customers focused in the Repair, Maintenance and Improvement sector, for a given geographical area, as directed by Regional Sales Director and Trade Sales Director. This includes back selling of local project leads with sub-contractors, general builders and resellers and promoting new products to ultimately secure market share at the best possible price.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Merchant Sales Manager you will be involved in;
- Back selling local projects and business development leads for all products and systems via resellers, general builders and sub-contractors.
- Work in partnership with colleagues from other teams to make sure the best possible outcome is achieved.
- Have an intimate knowledge of sector projects, end users and reseller preferences within the given geographical area.
- Commercial management (price support, debt management etc) of sector project activity within the given geographical areas.
- Use the above to secure market share and a preferential product mix at the best possible price.
- Management of product performance issues in-line with Company guidelines.
- Understand the local demand for products providing the relevant feedback to the Regional Sales Director and/or the Demand Management Team.
New Products Development
- Back selling of product and system specifications in line with the market management principles shown above.
- Creation of awareness within the given customer base and carry out activities in line with product launch plans.
- When requested, actively participate in company projects to develop new products or service offering.
- Operate with the utmost attention to health and safety at all time.
- Support Company’s common goal of achieving product leadership by working with team members, cross-functional working with other teams/functions and pro-actively participating/delivering on commitments.
- Engage in mutual coaching of colleagues including supporting the induction of new employees.
- Adherence to Company reporting procedure/commercial admin systems, offering appropriate feedback and information.
Communication and working relationships
- Branch Managers / Assistant Branch Managers – to manage the trading account through commercial, service and project discussions.
- Sub-Contractors – to influence the project decisions regarding tender routes, specification, system brand to secure product usage and volume.
- General Builders – to influence the project decisions regarding tender routes, specification, system brand to secure product usage and volume.
- Marketing / Technical – to present, specify and support development opportunities to benefit the commercial and residential markets.
- National Business Development Team – to support the MCFA sales plans towards trading agreement and project information in line with the national objectives.
- Customer Service Centre – to manage the customer relationship from order point to delivery issues.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Merchant Sales Manager specifically it is important that you have:
- Minimum 5 'O' levels / GCSE's, Maths and English required to grade C.
- Previous customer facing role.
- Sales techniques training.
- Negotiation skills.
- Construction market experience and procurement routes.
- Candidates must live in close proximity to the West Midlands area and the associated job role postcode coverage. The area includes postcodes, but not exclusively, CV, ST, TF, SY, WV, WS, DY, B, WR HR.
- Sales experience and training may be advantageous.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for British Gypsum – part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based dry lining systems and products.
In Saint-Gobain, each woman and man is able to build a career without boundaries in a genuine and ambitious group. At British Gypsum we’re proud to support this promise and offer our people a world of opportunity, all the challenge they’ll ever need and colleagues with great pride in what they’re a part of.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, British Gypsum is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within British Gypsum or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/