Reference : GBR08570
Area Sales Manager - Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire
- United Kingdom ,
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 08/31/2022
- United Kingdom
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 08/31/2022
Area Sales Manager – British Gypsum – Saint Gobain – Remote based role covering Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire
At Saint-Gobain, we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 6 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Area Sales Manager covering the Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire.
We’re proud to help create places where people and communities flourish. By pioneering the use of drylining partitions, wall linings, ceilings and plaster finishes we’re able to create better buildings and leave a positive legacy of improving people’s lives.
We know the future means better built environments, better homes, better places to work and better lives. And we’re committed to creating a positive impact for people and the planet.
As the trusted partner of architects, contractors, and drylining and plastering professionals, we’ve been leading the way to help the construction industry build better.
Is this role right for me?
The primary purpose to develop and implement a targeted sales plan for the agreed geographical area, to deliver market share and a preferential product mix at best possible price through team work across channels, functions, the wider business and active engagement with customers.
To create strong relationships and pull through business by working collaboratively with Contractors and Distributors by managing specified packages and supporting Supply Chain Agreement compliance with Main Contractors and House builders. Utilising effective sharing and trading of our project leads at an early stage to create demand to support the account management of our distribution and major merchant branches and key sales personnel.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Strong Sales / Account Management Professional – with experience in Distribution, Contractor and/or Project Sales
- Be able to evidence experience of field sales and ability to deliver sales plans that have multiple simultaneous objectives.
- Outstanding at maintaining / developing existing relationships
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Customer focused approach with great stakeholder management skills
- Strong multi-channel communications skills
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate as part of a team
- Ambitious with the desire to succeed and continuously develop further skillsets
- Organised & Structured with the ability to manage your own workload
- Consultative approach to selling / account management
- Project Management understanding
- Proven new business development experience
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system experience
- Market Intelligence
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- 36.25 Hours Per Week
- 25 Days holidays + Public Holidays
- Company Car & IT Equipment
- Bonus Scheme (up to 20%)
- Pension - 4% contribution (Increasing with Service)
- Life Assurance - 2 x salary / 4 x salary in pension scheme
- Staff Discount - Across Saint-Gobain Brands
Who are we ?
Are Saint-Gobain Interior Solutions and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years.
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.