Reference : GBR05248
Customer Advisor - After Sales
- United Kingdom , Scotland , Glasgow
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/22/2021
- United Kingdom Glasgow
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/22/2021
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as Customer Advisor - After Sales.
You’ll be working for Scotframe in Cumbernauld, Glasgow. Scotframe is one of more than 30+ exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and Established in 1989, Scotframe is now one of the largest timber frame providers in the UK. Part of the global Saint-Gobain group since 2017, Scotframe operates across the UK and has a growing portfolio of international clients. Over the past three decades, the company has supplied timber frame kits for over 30,000 homes. The company has two manufacturing centres in Inverurie (near Aberdeen) and Cumbernauld (near Glasgow) as well as sales offices and showrooms in Inverness, Dundee and Swindon. Scotframes employs over 190 people and has a turnover of more than £36 million.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! A great Customer Advisor - After Sales at Scotframe will put the customer first, focusing on finding solutions for them and building trust. This will role will act as the first point of contact for all customer queries and see this through to its resolution and corrective actions for the business. You will be confident and organised in your approach. You will manage your own workload so you will need to be proactive and organised. You’ll also show resilience when things don’t go according to plan; being open to new ideas and happy to learn.
There are some specific skills and experience we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is essential
- Previous experience and knowledge of handling a complaints process from initial contact to resolution and corrective measures.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience of working within a Customer Service/Sales department with multi-sites
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative to spot and highlight areas/matters of concern
- Able to manage workload and work to tight deadlines
- IT literate in systems relevant to role i.e. Share-Point, Kerridge
A Customer Advisor - After Sales is a vitally important contributor to the reputation and growth of the business and to ensure our customers have a positive experience with us. This is a newly created role and will allow the successful candidate to really make a positive impact to Scotframe and our customers.
To support our customers effectively you will;
- Take ownership of all service complaints from our customers – it is your responsibility to deal with them from first contact to final resolution
- Ensure all service complaints of dissatisfaction are logged and recorded in Non-conformance report system (NCR)
- Ensure acknowledgements are sent to customers to confirm complaint is being dealt with in a timely manner, and in accordance with our policy
- Highlighting service complaints of dissatisfaction to the appropriate stakeholders and coordinating all responses
- Demonstrate empathy during customer interactions whilst recognising that not all complaints may be justified
- Issue all Returns/Credits/Free of Charge orders raised in our system for service failures to ensure all documents and information are being attached/included as required
- Work within region and through sales, stock and operational colleagues within IT to investigate long-term solutions to repeated service delivery issues.
- Obtain an understanding of our customers’ needs in order to identify areas in which the After Sales processes can be improved within the business to enable us to enhance our customers’ experience. Actively promote and implement alternative methods of working to meet these needs.
- Arrange weekly meetings with key stakeholders to feedback on current/on-going complaints – what has happened, what service recovery has been used, who is involved, demonstrate learnings/outcomes etc.
Who are we ?
Are Scotframe and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.