Reference : GBR10021
Account Manager - Desk Based
- United Kingdom , Glasgow , GLASGOW
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/22/2022
- United Kingdom GLASGOW
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/22/2022
Account Manager – Desk Based - Artex – Remote position within Scotland, North East or Cumbria
As the Account Manager with Artex you can expect a varied role where no two days are the same, the role is home based from any location within Scotland and is a desk based account management position covering an assigned region (internally known as Regional Account Manager). In this role you will be known for developing and delivering upon fantastic customer relationships within Scotland and North England with minimal travel.
As Regional Account Manager you will report to the Head of Trade Sales and work closely with the North Business Development Manager and another Regional Account Manager. You will primarily work from home with occasion travel to head office and to visit customers. The hours from this role Monday to Friday with flexibility around start and finish times in line with business requirements.
At Saint-Gobain, we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 7 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Regional Account Manager
Here's a short breakdown of the key focus areas in this role
- Identify and qualify opportunities through business conversations, generating enquiries and improving sales over the phone and in person, when agreed by the Head of Trade Sales.
- Working as a close knit team to deliver the Head of Trade Sales growth plan for their specific area of business
- Create and deliver upon a call plan for a set geographic territory to assist in growing sales to their customer segment & region working in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and Head of Trade Sales.
- Generate business opportunities from the set account base & prospects, recording all contact points in CRM
- Providing a dedicated point of contact; owning the customer relationship, through having a comprehensive knowledge of the customers’ account
Our key attitudes; Innovative. Customer Focused. Agile. Open and Engaging. Entrepreneurial - are what makes us and how we like to work at Saint-Gobain. These are shared characteristics of us all and traits we look for in future team members. We are looking for the right person to fit in with our Artex culture, but we know this needs to be right for you too.
This role is open to applicants with different experiences; are you in a customer facing role ready to take the next step into sales? Perhaps you currently work within a telesales environment and are confident at engaging with customers over the phone and online?
If you think you match with the following, then we would love to hear from you!
- Experience of customer engagement
- Evidence of success in a sales or customer service role
- Experience of creating and delivering upon plans
- Experience of handling objections
- Proven experience in reviewing data, using that to gain insight and action
Are Artex and Saint-Gobain the right company for me?
- We are on a mission to ‘Make the World a Better Home’; this is about creating solutions that improve the performance of buildings, to be responsible and ethical, and to support our local communities. It’s also our journey to Net Carbon Zero. So if you want to be part of our new vision and share the same passion as us, we’d love to hear from you.
- Artex have recently been announced as finalist in the International Engage Awards for Best Use of Innovation in Employee Engagement, we are committed to engaging meaningfully with our colleagues to ensure Artex remains agile and a great place to work.
- Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times. Did you know we’ve won ‘Top UK & Global Employer’ 7 years running?!
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
Click apply, we would love to hear from you.