Reference : 567400
- United Kingdom Leicestershire
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/15/2019
- United Kingdom LEICESTERSHIRE
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/15/2019
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – The key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Technical Advisor opportunity in East Leake, Leicestershire.
How will you support us?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our passionate and knowledgeable Technical Advice Centre (TAC) as the Technical Advisor. This exciting role will see you working in the TAC, famous for being the technical expert whilst responding quickly to customer enquiries thereby delighting the customer encouraging them to return and increasing our sales through specifications using British Gypsum, Artex and Isover products.
The TAC is a large team with a vision to be the specifier’s first choice in obtaining solutions which supports our strategy to drive specifications. Our technical support service needs to go beyond customers’ expectations with the delivery of high quality, market leading technical advice in a timely manner.
In the role as a Technical Advisor you will;
- Provide accurate and market leading verbal and written technical advice to customers enabling customers to get their needs met, whilst maximising commercial specification.
- Identify opportunities for improvements on how things are done within the team and recommend these for implementation, so as to improve team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Generate new ideas on how service provision can meet the evolving needs of the customer and experiments with different ways of implementing these so as to satisfy customers and encourage them to return.
- Tap into the sources of technical and professional know-how across the team and business on an ongoing basis so as to keep abreast of changes within the industry thereby using the latest know-how to advise and support customers.
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
For the Technical Advisor specifically it is important that you have:
- Construction experience gained by work experience and/or qualification in a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer Service experience
- Ability to identify opportunities for increased revenue
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with British Gypsum this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/