Reference : 583814
Digital Solutions Architect
- Information Systems
- United Kingdom , Berkshire , Newbury
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/20/2020
- Information Systems
- United Kingdom Newbury
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 11/20/2020
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Digital Solutions Architect based in Newbury.
Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five years running! (2016-2020)
A truly exciting time to join us here at Saint-Gobain as we continue to embark on our new Digital Transformation project. Saint-Gobain is a global leader in the construction industry with a presence in over 67 countries.
How will you support us?
You will be responsible for delivery of new digital concepts for products and services that meet SGBD’s strategic goals in order to deliver a world class customer experience and a digitally engaged workforce, working with internal colleagues and external partners. Delivering high-quality and secure solutions at pace across multiple business divisions.
You will be responsible for the development of all consumer-facing digital assets (including websites, eCommerce, mobile apps, IoT & specialist applications) to support new revenue generation through diversification.
To be suitable for Digital Solutions Architect role you will:
- Deliver and incorporate learning from front-end MVT and A/B testing with our analytics team
- Capture and define low level design (LLD) documentation, producing LLDs for each epic, capturing detail prior to starting a sprint. Ensuring all planned work meets our definition of ‘ready’ by ensuring planned sprint items have a viable delivery solution added to each committed user story
- Responsible for ensuring each of our outsourced teams fully understands our business requirements so that they can effectively meet business needs
- Provide summaries to the delivery teams, explaining proposed solutions for each planned sprint. If work is not ready address the gaps or remove work from sprint planning
- Act as a key contact for technical or solution questions and be able to succinctly explain needs to the Enterprise Architect or Director of Digital Development
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with manager
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
In order to be successful in this role, you must have;
- Substantial multi-channel digital experience with prior experience of working as a Solution architect through the development lifecycle is essential
- Significant experience of defining and creating new solutions and delivering enterprise-grade digital services in a national or international multi-site, preferably retail, business
- Extensive experience and understanding of agile methods with ability to demonstrate continuous improvement and delivery of regular high-quality deliverables
- An understanding of frameworks such as SAFe Agile or a willingness to certify is desirable
- A deep understanding of service integration and an ability to rapidly translate and document integration requirements using swim-lane or sequence diagrams and UML
- Attention to detail is essential, with the skills to be able to abstract ideas and requirements as needed with extensive experience of writing, reviewing and defining user stories.
- Good understanding of enterprise eCommerce platforms (preferably Hybris) is desirable
- Strong understanding of mobile app development and enterprise design patterns
- Good understanding of HR systems and principle, supply chain and logistics processes, and how the offline and online support each other
- A good understanding of cloud technologies and micro-service architectures with familiarity of service integration using Mulesoft or Axway is desirable
- Prior experience of using minimum viable products (MVP) to test new ideas is desirable
- Experience of data and service migration to drive transformation delivery is essential
- Strong team player and creative thinking skills, and a desire to “make a difference”
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
- Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
- Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
- Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
- Share Scheme
“The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.”
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint Gobain Building Distribution this is one of more than 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/