Reference : 565926
Senior Financial Accountant (Maternity Cover)
- United Kingdom Leicestershire
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 03/08/2019
- United Kingdom Loughborough
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 03/08/2019
Who are we ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial? – Our key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Senior Financial Accountant opportunity.
How will you support us?
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our passionate and knowledgeable SSC (Shared Service Centre) as Senior Financial Accountant (Maternity Cover) for 14 months. This exciting role will see you reporting to the Head of Financial Services, managing and developing the General Ledger team for multiple SSC clients, processes and systems. You will also participate in continuous improvement initiatives within the General Ledger process area, and across the SSC as a whole.
- Ensure compliance with closing calendar; anticipate month-end processes to ensure smooth and efficient closing
- Prepare yearly statutory accounts and supporting documents for local auditors for multiple clients
- Responsibility for ensuring that General Ledger activities are completed accurately and within agreed deadlines for multiple clients
- Management of internal and external audit visits and requirements relating to General Ledger; including preparation of reports, schedules and procedures as per agreed timetable
- Manage the resource within the allocated General ledger team and supervise direct reports on multiple clients and processes
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
- Knowledge of GL accounting principles, activities and processes
- Knowledge of local statutory accounting rules
- Awareness of IFRS and local fiscal rules
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence SSC senior management and team members
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with relevant, practical experience
- Good communications skills, including the confidence to challenge and question if needed.
- Experience of managing a small team desirable
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale. We have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employ 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of the most well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint-Gobain Delegation, this is one of more than 30 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you will be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/