Reference : GBR10038
Business Unit Support Manager
- United Kingdom , England , New Malden
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/26/2023
- United Kingdom New Malden
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/26/2023
Jewson – Wimbledon or surrounding areas (with travel within the regional territory)
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 7 consecutive years. If you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join our leading Jewson brand as a Business Unit Support Manager.
Is this role right for me?
We are looking for the right person to fit in with our Saint-Gobain culture, but we know this needs to be right for you too. So if you think you match with the following, then we would love to hear from you!
Although we do require someone that is experienced in a similar role, a positive attitude and a commitment to your learning and development are most important. This would be a great role for senior branch manager/branch manager or similar looking for their next step in their career.
What is the core purpose of the role?
This role will see you supporting the business unit in delivering on agreed operational targets and objectives by proactively coordinating and managing the collation and dissemination of relevant information and supporting and coaching managers in identifying and addressing areas for improvement. You will oversee and facilitate the effectiveness of administrative tasks within the business unit.
Key elements of the role will be coaching and guiding Jewson location managers to achieve great branch results through the correct use of systems and data for effective decision making, relating to stock and customer satisfaction. You will be analysing and understanding data across the region for continuous improvement, to identify trends and support loss prevention in the stock profile. Acting as a key support to the Regional Director and the branch network you will support the improvement of branch performance by becoming a system, process and data expert, translating data and trends into manager coaching and support where required. You will need to be a skilled influencer, great at building relationships and savvy with software and data.
What’s in it for me?
A competitive salary, company car & bonus scheme and much more. You’ll work with a very supportive team, our award winning benefits platform and an interesting and varied role with the UK’s leading merchant business.
- Support and coach managers and colleagues with admin tasks and reporting within the business unit, including ensuring an understanding of and effective utilisation of all business unit reporting
- Proactively support the Business Unit in investigating shrink and producing plans to address areas of concern, reviewing progress against these plans and working with Branch Managers to identify any mitigating actions
- Proactive provision of relevant information and reports to support and coach Branch Manager’s in maintaining/improving the branch risk grading
- Provide support to the Business Unit Director on managing costs within the business unit through NT3 and Daybook management
- Monitor and collate compliance to all company EHS policies and procedures and effectively communicate to the Business Unit Director; supporting and coordinating any required activity
- Manage appropriate elements of colleague admin such as holidays, time recording, training, compliance, appraisal reporting
- Provide general support in branches and the business unit as and when required, including but not limited to, supporting the preparation of stock takes, serving customers, placing purchase orders, organising business meetings and managing allocations at business unit level
- Deliver short-term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with the Business Unit Director
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Who are we ?