Reference : 567971
Sales Administrator (Maternity Cover)
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 05/03/2019
- Fixed-term Contract
- Posting date : 05/03/2019
Who are we ?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Sales Administrator to join our passionate and knowledgeable Team on a temporary basis until January 2020. The successful candidate will provide best in class customer service to all Glassolutions customers and will also ensure that customer orders are processed accurately within timely requirements.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Sales Administrator (Order Entry) you will;
- Manage and maintain Microsoft Outlook mailboxes and carry out general administrative duties
- Interpret, enter and check customer orders accurately, and seek clarification if required
- Provide a professional and proactive service to internal and external customers
- Ensure KPI’s are met, whilst ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure all other customer interactions – for example: pricing enquiries, technical queries etc. - are dealt with effectively in a timely manner
- Provide direct customer service via telephone and at our showroom
- Work closely with the planning function to ensure customer orders fit into the forward plan
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Team to ensure the clear communication of customer requirements and successful completion of orders
- Handing cash, taking payments and preparing banking.
- Ordering of materials from external suppliers
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that align well with our values. We are particularly keen to meet people who share our passion for innovation and sustainability. For the Customer Service Administrator role specifically it is important that you have/are:
- Order entry/processing experience
- Excellent communication & negotiating skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Tenacious and conscientious – determined to solve queries to a high standard
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work under your own initiative
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook packages
- In addition to the above, A good understanding of manufacturing processes & experience of working in a manufacturing environment would be desirable
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Glassolutions - part of the Saint-Gobain group and is the largest processor, distributor, and repairer of glass and glazing systems in the UK; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
A competitive salary and pension as well as a flexible benefits package which can be tailored to suit your needs. We offer an extensive range of benefits from cycle2work, share schemes, discounts & cashback with 100’s of retailers, discounts on cars and competitive maternity/paternity policies to name a few...
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Glassolutions or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/applications from anyone, unless invited to do so.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/