Reference : FRA17690
Application Engineer (M/W)
- France , Ile-de-France , Saint-Pierre-Lès-Nemours
Reporting to the Business Manager Connectivity, the Application Engineer is responsible for the management of several customer development projects using both our facility in Nemours, France as well as external partners. This role has a high emphasis on learning and developing technical skills and knowledge to help ensure the success of the business.
The individual in this position will be the primary technical customer contact and will oversee the development of products to meet customer specification, validation of finished products, transitioning the product to full scale manufacturing operation, costing and product launch.
This individual will continuously work in conjunction with team members from other departments in the business including Research & Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Sales to successfully fill the role.
- Leads new business projects and product development from initial customer contact, material determination, sample fabrication with the support of technical competency built by our R&D team and testing through manufacturability trials. Manages the development of these new products and their transition to routine production. Manages process from initial product through final validation and product launch.
- Determine manufacturing methods and costs associated with producing custom products for customers to complete business costing.
- For the customer and Sales team members, serve as the main point of contact and primary technical expert; work in collaboration with customers to resolve technical issues.
- Researches and recommends changes to manufacturing processes to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs, increase product quality, or provide greater personal and/or environmental safety. Provides technical support to manufacturing to address production problems and technical assistance to customers through phone interaction or direct visits.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, chemical) or similar degree with engineering related coursework.
- Experience in composites, textile (woven/non-woven), polymers, chemistry would be a plus. 3 years’ experience in a technical and innovative environment.
- Proven ability to design, manage, and implement projects of a technical nature.
- Fluent in English.
What do you bring?
- Results focus: Works towards achievement of project targets. Demonstrated research and problem solving skills.
- Anticipation: Anticipates predictable difficulties and acts to avoid them. Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of obstacles met along the way.
- Open mind & sensitivity towards differences: Able to work in other countries/cultures. Capable of communicating effectively with a variety of persons.
- Teamwork: Creates opportunities for cooperation and is in constant search of collective efficiency. Actively seeks others points of view.
- Adaptation: The candidate must be able to adapt and learn quickly, take initiative and work autonomously.
if you recognized yourself in the description above, please apply!
Who are we ?
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse, and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
We design high performance quartz fibers, ceramic fibers, textile solutions and ceramic matrix composites for extremely high frequency or operating temperatures in Aerospace, Industry and Connectivity applications.
Reasons to work with us:
At Saint-Gobain Quartz, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration.