Reference : FRA03638
LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) Engineer F/H
- France , Ile-de-France , Courbevoie
- Posting date : 09/02/2021
- France Courbevoie
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/02/2021
Marketing and Development is one of the Group's support teams, created at the beginning of 2019 following the Transformation Plan, and provides support to the BUs and countries for their Marketing and development strategy.
This support team brings together skills and services for all the Group in terms of :
- Innovation and Offers" skills for the construction markets.
- Customer Experience
- Digitalization (Web Factory, Roadmap & Efficiency, E Business, PIM, BIM)
- Brand Management and Communication
- Marketing & Sales Excellence, Pricing
- market research and strategy
- Growth and differentiation through Sustainable Development.
- Strategic intelligence for the Group's construction businesses.
In line with the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) priorities, the Sustainable Business Development team helps Saint-Gobain and its businesses to capture the full potential of sustainability as a major growth and differentiation driver, both at global and local levels, and in particular on the construction markets.
Within the Sustainable Business Development team, the Product stewardship team helps the Saint-Gobain businesses to improve the sustainability performance of their products’ portfolios and to deliver robust and transparent information regarding the environmental and health impacts of their products.
With the other members of the LCA team, the LCA engineer works on the following topics and services:
- LCA, EPD and environmental data processing and analysis: The LCA engineer performs Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) of Saint-Gobain products in order to support eco-innovation projects or to develop Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs). He/She also consolidates, processes and analyses environmental data at product, plant, country or business unit level.
- LCA and EPD Training: The LCA engineer organises and facilitates trainings to educate Saint-Gobain Business on LCA and EPD and to spread the use of LCA tools in the Group. He supports local teams to make them autonomous in LCA calculation and EPD development.
- Eco-innovation: He/She could take part in eco-innovation projects in collaboration with Marketing, R&D and Purchasing.
- Sustainability roadmaps, with focus on CO2 roadmaps, Scope 3 and LCA objective: The LCA engineer contributes to the implementation of CO2 roadmaps in the different Businesses and Countries by providing calculation tools and data for the assessment of scope 3 emissions and the achievement of the LCA objective.
- Knowledge sharing: He/She contributes to share knowledge and increase the level of empowerment on LCA and EPD in Saint-Gobain.
Graduated from Master degree specialized in sciences, you have a professional experience of 5 years minimum with an advanced practice of Life Cycle Assessment. You have appetence and skills for data processing and analysis and you are in capacity to manage simultaneously a wide variety of matters and projects.
Since you will interact with many different teams and businesses all over the world and in Europe, both your communication skills and a good level in English is needeed (French level is a plus).
To succeed in this position, you need to be organized, innovative, result and customer-oriented.