Reference : FRA13350
SGSS LCA Specialist
- France , Ile-de-France , CONFLANS-SAINTE-HONORINE
- Posting date : 05/09/2022
- France CONFLANS-SAINTE-HONORINE
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 05/09/2022
In line with the Group’s CSR priorities, the SGSS Sustainability team helps SGSS and its businesses to capture the full potential of sustainability as a major growth and differentiation driver, both at global and local levels, and in its various markets.
Within this team, the SGSS LCA Specialist helps the various BU’s and SBU’s in the different countries to deliver robust and transparent information regarding the environmental and health impacts of their products.
The SGSS LCA Specialist:
- Performs Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) and develops Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- Participates to the deployment of LCA and EPD via trainings
- Supports the implementation of the roadmaps related to LCA and eco-innovation in SGSS.
Sales of SGSS (ABR + CMP + ADH) ≈ 2,256 B€
Manufacturing sites: 77 plants
Personnel: No direct reports
Immersed within the LCA central team of Experts, the SGSS LCA Specialist works on the following topics and services:
LCA, EPD and environmental data processing and analysis: The SGSS LCA Specialist performs Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) of SGSS products & solutions in order to support eco-innovation projects or to develop Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs). He/She also consolidates, processes and analyses environmental data at product, plant, country or business unit level.
LCA and EPD Training: The SGSS LCA Specialist organizes and facilitates trainings to educate SGSS teams on LCA and EPD and to spread the use of LCA tools within SGSS worldwide. He/She supports local teams (LCA Users, PM, sales & marketing) to make them autonomous in LCA calculations with the models he/she develops and EPD development.
Eco-innovation: He/She could take part in the animation of eco-innovation projects in collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, R&D and Purchasing for the different BU’s and SBU’s of SGSS.
Sustainability roadmaps, with focus on CO2 roadmaps, Scope 3 and LCA objective: The SGSS LCA Specialist contributes to the implementation of CO2 roadmaps in the different Businesses and Countries by providing calculation tools and data for the assessment of scope 3 emissions and the achievement of the LCA objective.
Knowledge sharing: He/She contributes to share knowledge and increase the level of empowerment on LCA and EPD in the SGSS perimeter.
- Master degree level (Engineering school)
Knowledge /Experience /Technical competencies
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in SGSS businesses
- Deep SGSS product and industrial process knowledge
- Basic skills on Life Cycle Assessment, EPD and LCA tools (GaBi preferably, Simapro…)
- French (fluent) and English
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interest for sustainability topics and especially LCA
- Strong appetence and skills for data processing, analysis, IT tools
- Communication & pedagogical skills
- Fast learner
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, innovative
- Organizational abilities
- Result and customer-oriented
We recognize the skills of people with disabilities and give them the means to express all their talents.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Surface Solutions (SGSS) is a global business powered by solid brands that provide surface solutions for a better world. Our product offer includes abrasives, adhesives, sealants, tapes, composites, and films. Together, committed to sustainability, we shape, protect and bond surfaces providing performance solutions for our customers.