Reference : FRA16941
INTERNSHIP - Risk Estimation For Sales (F/H)
- France , Ile-de-France , LA DEFENSE CEDEX
- Posting date : 11/14/2022
- France LA DEFENSE CEDEX
- Posting date : 11/14/2022
You will be part of the Saint-Gobain Data & Analytics organization which aim is to use data for providing operational excellence and impactful solutions in the context of the direction towards carbon neutrality. The main pillars of this program are data governance, modular data platform, AI@Scale and MLOps.
You will be integrated to the AI & Data Analytics team which main scope is to deliver transformational insights with value impact on all related businesses of Saint-Gobain.
An important pain point for the financial community of Saint-Gobain is estimating customer risk of delayed payments. Earlier detection of these invoices would allow for timely alerts and overall reduced delays.
Currently, our data science team has already developed an initial model based on historical data from one of Saint-Gobain top brand. Several approaches have been tested and could be used as a starting point (regression, binary and multi-class classification).
The challenge is to achieve performance good enough to start the deployment phase.
The purpose of the internship is to expand the current model development in order to improve performance.
The intern will collaborate with the data scientists involved in the project and will have the opportunity to exchange with the business experts.
- Review literature for new approaches. As a deliverable a state of the art of current literature and main approaches tackling this issue is to be provided.
- Based on this state-of-the-art improvement directions of the current model should be defined.
- Benchmark these different approaches against the results that we already had and select the best resulting approach.
- Suggest and implement ideas for target definition, data scoping, feature engineering and validation metrics.
- Work closely with the data scientists involved in the project to integrate these approaches into the code and package them as reusable libraries.
- Student in 4th or 5th year of engineering school or university, specialized in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics or related fields
- Good programming skills and familiar with Python/Git – previous experience with machine learning libraries is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Curiosity, openness and good communication skills
Who are we ?
At Saint-Gobain, our purpose is to 'Make the world a better home.' We, as Saint-Gobain, are a top global employer, a historical company in France and Europe, and a worldwide purpose-driven leader in the building materials industry and lightweight constructions. We have a long-term ambition to make our planet a better home. We are involved in building a more sustainable and inclusive world to help protect the environment and leave the world to future generations better than we found it.
We are both manufacturers and distributors. Our products are everywhere in our living places and daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure, and in many industrial applications. Together with and for our customers, we design materials and solutions that positively impact everyone's life and provide well-being, quality of life, and performance while caring for the planet.