Reference : CAN00336
Process Control Manager
- Canada , Alberta , CALGARY
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
What's the job
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Process Control Manager is accountable to ensure that proper process controls exist within the plant so that manufactured products and raw material supplies meet required specifications. Additionally, the Process Control Manager investigates product complaints and process problems and performs constant cost reduction and quality improvement reviews. This position involves significant involvement in process variation reduction using statistical means, process automation and the use of TPQC and WCM tools.
- Manage the Process Control Engineers and the Quality Control personnel working in the lab.
- Lead the continuous improvement activities for the Quality and Process control pillar, continuously looking to optimize the process, improve the products and the best cost
- Use the benchmark between the plants and the WCM losses stratification to identify the potential projects and define the process roadmap for the plant
- Work with the other project engineers and the maintenance team to ensure designs conform to process requirements for any new equipment.
- Provide production supervisors and operators with information and training to help them perform their jobs and make necessary corrective process decisions.
- Identify safe process, cost reduction and quality improvement opportunities.
- Display full competence and independence in the compilation of P&IDs and all levels of control philosophies.
- Prepare well written project or trial reports including driving and coordinating process development trials with Technical Services and expedite the sharing of information between the different stakeholders
- Responsible to analyze and address customer complaints and develop corrective action to be implemented on the production line, to assist sales staff at on-site complaints
- Keep informed regarding industry and government standards and specification with the support of the central team
- Maintain plant laboratory and associated equipment in safe working order and purchase necessary chemical and technical supplies.
- Collaborate with all managers on quality and improvement opportunities.
- Utilize statistical analytics to diagnose process variation, identify correlations and define optimum working points
- Use new Industry 4.0 tools available , incorporating Data science analytics to identify key parameters and create data visualization dashboard for the operators
- Develop a culture of process control where key leading parameters are monitored proactively and acted upon when outside the control limits,
- Collaborate with the R&D team and the central process team for trials and industrialization of best practices
What do you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant manufacturing/process engineering or similar discipline; or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience.
- WCM, Kaizen, or Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Data science analytics
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be familiar with computers and statistical process control.
- ASQ-CQE certification would be an asset.
- Define and Maintain department budget.
- Supervises a department of four Engineers and Technologists.
- Some travel required.
- Off hours work may be required in cases of emergency.
- Must be able to wear required safety equipment.
- Some lifting required, up to 25 kg.
Who are we ?
Here’s what we do…
Since 1975, Decoustics has excelled in the custom-engineering and manufacturing of acoustical ceiling panel and wall systems. Custom-engineered ceilings showpieces in metal, felt, fiberglass, and wood. Backed by a team of collaborative professionals, CertainTeed Architectural Products provides expertise in acoustics, engineering, and innovation.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain -- the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint-Gobain group is leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively wo
What we offer…
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Besides a great work culture where we work hard, while trying to have fun with various events, regular companywide activities geared towards our employees and a strong safety culture we also offer the following:
- Excellent healthcare benefits package
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive RRSP , Company-funded DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Volunteer Day off: Give back to the community – each employee has one paid day a year that they can use towards volunteering their time and effort with a registered charity
- And more perks!
Why work for us?
- At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
- To learn more about us visit: https://www.certainteed.ca/ceilings-and-walls/
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CertainTeed, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram