Reference : CAN00207
- Canada , Ontario , OTTAWA
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/18/2023
- Canada OTTAWA
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/18/2023
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Process Manager uses his team and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools to support all aspects of manufacturing facility by providing technical expertise, and provides process engineering discipline to implement and/or support various projects.
The individual will directly manage 3 salaries and indirectly some hourlies.
The process engineering activities of the plant includes all steps of the manufacturing from the raw materials: batch & binder, furnace, fiberizing operations, curing oven, sizing and packaging.
The Process Manager is responsible for defining, implementing, following up repeatable process controls to ensure the product quality meets the customer expectations.
Process control and Operational excellence
- Define process specifications, support implementation and audit compliance in all areas of responsibilities.
- Manage Process team so specifications are optimized to meet customers’ expectations and profitability of the Company.
- Manage and optimizes resources (raw materials) to ensure continuous and optimal level of operations.
- Develop & implement improvement projects based upon root cause failure analysis and corrective action development.
- Responsible for performing process capability studies in order to resolve operational deficiencies and create a repeatable process that will produce a quality product that meets all customer specifications.
- Lead assigned plant initiatives involving 5S, safety auditing, down day support, energy conservation, Kaizen events, and various others not listed.
- Define with Operations Manager, axis of development for Process team using voice of customers to improve their experience and losses analysis.
- Work closely with Quality Manager to develop a continuous improvement of the Quality Culture.
- Work closely with R&D team to improve efficiencies, productivity, consumptions and costs of the process.
- Participate actively in the WCM steering committee, the foundations (housekeeping, management of change, visual management) and Quality and Process Control pillar management.
- Plan and ensures effective and sustainable implementation and usage of the WCM tools (QEWO, Tagging System, AM and PM tasks, cleaning plans, SOPs, HERCA).
Leadership, People development and Engagement
- Acts as a role model and ensures that all employees are working following the Saint-Gobain principles or conduct and actions.
- Ensure the personal development of his team, their engagement and the delivery of their objectives.
- Ensure the proper and accurate reporting necessary to control the process, follows the KPIs and develops plans to meet objectives and sustain the continuous improvement to reach excellence level.
- Provide frequent and high quality communication to operations and other departments regarding process performance and compliance (Monthly performance review, Shift/teams meeting).
- Review the need and supports creation, modification of SOPs at all levels including LOTO for equipment.
- Work with his team with highest respect of EHS charter and policies to achieve a zero accidents, zero occupational illnesses and zero environmental impact for his team, our employees, contractors and visitors.
- Promote participation and collaboration of all employees seeking ideas and implementation of risk reductions of our processes.
- Ensure process systems are in place to maintain all equipment in the plant to meet benchmark targets and environmental standards.
- Availability to assist Operations and plant during off hours when production and plant events require.
- Provide technical support to the plant for day to day issues (when needed).
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BA or BS degree, Master’s Degree in either Engineering or Business, (or relevant manufacturing experience with essentially the same responsibilities as outlined in this job description).
- 5 -7 years manufacturing experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, lean concepts, processes and production environments.
- Excellent analytical skills with comfort in presenting initiatives to management and stakeholders.
- High level of interpersonal skills for building influential relationships and partnerships with all employees and internal/external customers.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills are also required.
- Knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Office, database management, ERP Systems.
- Knowledge in the various tools to reach Operational Excellence, TPM (autonomous maintenance, professional maintenance and early equipment management), quality and process control including Statistical Process Control (SPC), 5S, standardized work and other WCM / Lean principles.
- Experience in a Unionized Environment is an asset.
- Previous experience in Insulation/glass industry.
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes.
Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs.
Some travel may be required to enhance training or assist other facilities. Normal office environment along with seasonal ambient plant operating temperatures. The candidate must be capable of wearing PPE.
Who are we ?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare benefits package.
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program.
- Financial Security: Competitive RRSP, Company-funded DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG).
- Volunteer Day off: Give back to the community – each employee has one paid day a year that they can use towards volunteering their time and effort with a registered charity.
- LiveWell Program: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle.
- And more!
Here’s what we do…
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain -- the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint-Gobain group is leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively work together towards our core purpose to Make the World a Better Home.
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
To learn more about us visit www.certainteed.ca
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CertainTeed, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).