Reference : CAN00031
Product Manager Decoustics
- Canada , CA-ON , Woodbridge
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/01/2021
- Canada Woodbridge
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/01/2021
Our future success depends on our ability to efficiently and reliably deliver high quality products to our customers. This role will identify and lead market opportunities within the fully engineered Decoustics portfolio with emphasis on light integration.
This role serves as a product authority for internal and external customers and will demonstrate skillful product portfolio management including new & existing product development.
This will be accomplished by having an integrated approach and working cross functionally with Marketing Communications, Sales, R&D, Operations and Quality, Finance, Supply Chain to transform our business by driving customer purchase behavior that contributes to the achievement of CertainTeed’s product leadership ambition and driving revenue.
Customer Proximity / VOC
- Conducts frequent customer visits to evaluate market needs and opportunities; participates in customer and other ‘Voice of the Customer’ activities
- Utilize VOC, market, trade, and architectural insights to recommend overall strategies to the Marketing team for all collateral elements of the marketing mix - advertising, trade promotion, packaging and literature.
- Work with Decoustics teams to define and action mutually functional and beneficial programs and systems
- Analyze, assess, assimilate market and competitive data to derive insight and develop/refine strategies
New Product Development and Launches
- Drive the management of the assigned products in order to achieve the business and departmental goals as outlined in the long range plan
- Develop business cases for prioritization in stage gate including market definition, market size and competitive intelligence to justify projects
- Lead projects through development using the Stage Gate process and tools
- Work with technical services in managing corporate and government approvals, certifications and building codes
Product portfolio management
- Tracks the performance of the product portfolio. Recommends changes to the tactical plan and challenges and initiates activity to maximize sales and boost profitability
- Develops strategic & annual plans for the portfolio, ensuring a link with the overall business objectives.
- Develop and manage pricing strategies for assigned categories that allow us to be competitive while maintaining the maximum product gross margins in consultation with Sales.
- Work with Regional Sales Managers and Finance to lead the development of the operating plan for product line on annual basis, including market growth rates and new product sales budgets
- Quality: Define & establish the product standards/specifications aligned to market requirements inclusive of packaging.
- Facilitate annual review process and make decisions on product line rationalization (sku rationalization)
- Direct all escalated product management maintenance issues working closely with sales, customer service, operations, technical services, supply chain, purchasing and finance to achieve monthly and annual corporate goals
You are skilled at getting individuals, teams, to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; you negotiate skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a broad range of skills and abilities:
- 6-8 years of Marketing/ Product/Operations/Engineering or Sales experience required
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field is required; MBA a plus.
- Successful experience managing differentiated product brands or product lines targeted to unique market segments, translating marketing objectives into functional strategies and tactics.
- Experience with and understanding of distribution channel dynamics within the building industry is an asset
- Project Management & Technical Proficiency
- Business Acumen & Strategic Insights- Comfort with business strategy, portfolio prioritization
- Market Orientation-Ability to deeply understand & anticipate market trends to develop competitive strategies
- Data Analysis & Synthesis- Ability to take large amounts of disparate data to derive insights and make decisions
- Excellent computer skills / applications usage such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SAP (an asset)
Who are we ?
Since 1975, Decoustics has been the leader in custom engineering and manufacturing of interior architectural acoustical ceiling panels, wall panels and systems. With a strong commitment to quality, innovation and service, Decoustics has garnered consistent renown and satisfaction in the architectural, construction and interiors industries.
Decoustics is part of the CertainTeed® ceilings group (headquartered in Malvern, PA), parent company Saint-Gobain, France. CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings. Both organizations are subsidiaries of Saint-Gobain, world leader in design, manufacturing and distribution of high performance building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection.
We’re proud that Saint-Gobain Canada was recognized by the Top Employers institute as one of the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).