Reference : 587780
Segment Marketing Manager
- Canada , Mississauga
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/16/2021
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/16/2021
Join our team!
The role of Segment Marketing Manager is responsible for working collaboratively to develop a segment focused marketing plans that incorporate brand, product marketing and channel/account specific strategy. This person will be responsible for portfolio management by segment including pointing to innovation opportunities and how to win in the segment.
The position also conducts research, analysis, goals tracking, tactics and measurement of account marketing plans. The incumbent will work in conjunction with Product Management, Sales and Finance, to ensure the success of the segment/ category goals. In addition, this role will partner with North American and Global internal teams which include: Customer Experience (voice of the customer) and corporate marketing.
A key success factor will involve understanding the unique purchase journey for each segment, addressing pain points and enhancing those elements that drives each segment to prefer to specify and buy CertainTeed/Saint-Gobain Architectural products and solutions. Goal is to position our solutions with specific goal of creating measurable and impactful marketing strategies that attract, generate demand and build loyalty with design and building professionals, installation contractors, consumers (DIY), retail, distribution, and/or owners/developers to CertainTeed and Saint-Gobain products and services.
The individual in the role must acquire good working knowledge of all relevant residential or commercial construction businesses, products, solutions and functions in our portfolio in order to be successful.
- Understand, analyze and synthetize the market insights and competitive data for different segments (incl. financial dynamics, entire business value chain, key competitors, needs, new/emerging segments, market/technological trends, opportunities, forecasts, key influencers).
- Building a deep understanding of the customer segment (personas, journey mapping) across segment and competition, to clearly define our positioning within the segment, our messaging, and strategically build the marketing plan to drive value and cross sell.
- Delivering an innovative, customer centric, segment-specific marketing plan to support the annual and long range business plan; update on a quarterly basis to support investment guidance and changes to customer needs.
- Communicate segment strategy and plan to Product Managers, commercial leadership and cross functional stakeholders to inspire team and enable implementation of an aligned plan.
- Analyze price trends by segment and region
- Build and regularly share key market metrics, dashboards, or reports to support business decision-making.
- Support Product Managers, Marketing and Sales teams to prepare Product Plan Reviews, Value proposition,
- Conduct specific market studies on topics linked to news or strategy defined by the Business Line
- Driving thought leadership and collaboration by interfacing with key stakeholders (local and global BU teams, all internal cross functional team members, research agencies and industry associations).
- Manage the marketing budget respective to your segment.
- Lead DIY market and consumer insights analyzing trends and presenting opportunities taking into account channel dynamics and competition
- Work closely with Corporate Marketing retail segment manager to leverage customer insights leading to marketing communication mix for retail and manage performance marketing.
- Manage financial measurement/tracking for evaluating opportunities and conduct retail business reviews
- Marketing Management including: SAP SKU structuring
- Key point of contact with Retail marketing channel for rest of the team .Work closely with retail customer teams for effective category management including basket size and traffic
- Educates sales and customers on emerging retail & DIY trends and how solutions are applied to maximize benefit
- Provide product knowledge to Retail floor staff team and in key retail account presentations
- Manages the retail promotional calendar in coordination with Product Management, Marketing team and Sales.
- Develop and execute merchandizing & POS strategy, online retail strategy and e-commerce customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field; MBA a plus
- Seven years of progressive marketing experience with demonstrated success in working with national retail customers (ideally in the building products / home improvement space), customer insight gathering, and implementing comprehensive integrated marketing strategies and plans for large organizations. Experience in the building products or durables preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with B2B and B2C businesses, including retail
- Ability to collaborate and influence teams, communicate with diverse groups and influence others on a regular cadence
- Track Record of accomplishment of building relationships across all functions and within a matrix style organization.
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, commitment to driving results, and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a highly collaborative environment; must have a creative approach to problem solving, and the ability to take advantage of emerging opportunities/changing priorities
- Strong project and process management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complex and long-range projects effectively, collaboratively, and on-time
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to support data-driven decisions and manage metrics-based marketing communications performance
- Demonstrates advanced skill and keen insight in gathering, sorting and applying key information.
Who are we ?
Here’s what we do…
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain -- the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint Gobain group is leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively work together towards our core purpose to Make the World a Better Home.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).