Reference : CAN00543
- Canada , Ontario , Woodbridge
- Permanent / Regular
Why do we need you ?
CertainTeed Canada, Inc., a division of Saint-Gobain, has an exciting career opportunity for a Plant Controller to join our team at our Vaughan location.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and success by providing fast and sufficient support to our Canadian business.
What’s the job?
CertainTeed Architectural Solutions is looking for a talented finance professional to support the Grid Joint Venture at our Vaughan, Ontario facility who can bring value added analysis to a plant with multiple production lines and a large portfolio of products. This person will also be responsible for overseeing plant controlling responsibilities for the Bradenton, FL plant. The Joint Venture is between CertainTeed Corporation and Bailey Metal Products. This person may also be required to travel to other CT locations to provide support on an as-needed basis.
This position will require a mix of plant controlling responsibilities and analytical business performance support.
Plant controlling responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage timely completion of month-end financial close
- Analyze/reconcile accounts to ensure the balance sheet and costs are properly stated
- Prepare and enter adjusting journal entries
- Prepare and analyze monthly operating cost variances to standard, prior month, prior year and provide meaningful commentary
- Maintain proper spending controls
- Lead and direct budgeting process at plant
- Lead and direct annual standard cost roll at plant for manufactured products
- Ensure compliance with SGC, CertainTeed and Ceilings division policies and internal controls
- Monitor/facilitate Capex project completions and fixed asset capitalizations/retirements
- Support the development and implementation of policies
- Travel and support to other sites required (up to ~25% of time)
Analytical business performance support
- Support plant management team through meaningful analysis of costs and trends.
- Development and improvement of plant internal reporting
- Challenge financial performance results, identify issues and proactively initiate analyses and solutions to business issues
- Identify (e.g. via cost deployment) and track cost savings opportunities
- Assess the financial value of capital projects
- Proactively initiate analyses and solutions to plant issues
- Develop mid-month forecasts
Is this job for you ?
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required.
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferable
- 3-5+ years of increasing responsibility, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex topics to a non-financial audience.
- Experience analyzing variances in a manufacturing/cost accounting environment.
- Strong Excel skills
A little more about us
Why work for us?
- At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
To learn more about us visit www.certainteed.ca
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CertainTeed, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Benefits in joining us
What we offer…
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Besides a great work culture where we work hard, while trying to have fun with various events, regular companywide activities geared towards our employees and a strong safety culture we also offer the following:
- Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Excellent healthcare benefits package
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive RRSP , Company-funded DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Volunteer Day off: Give back to the community – each employee has one paid day a year that they can use towards volunteering their time and effort with a registered charity
- And more perks!